Instructions

Hello, Third Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings to this blog about your ORB. You must choose three different options from the "blogging options" handout (on First Class). I am looking for your commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Shannon O'Connor Scene: The Color Purple

Although a lot of the book The Color Purple was very sad I think the most moving and sad scene was at the very beginning when Celie was getting abused by her father. The book was started off with such a powerful scene which really shocked me. Even though it was very hard to read on after reading something so horrible you must because of the curiosity to find out what happens to this poor girl. "He start to choke me, saying You better shut up and git used to it. But I don't never git used to it. And now I feels sick every time I be the one to cook." (11)

No comments:

Post a Comment