Instructions

Hello, Third Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings to this blog about your ORB. You must choose three different options from the "blogging options" handout (on First Class). I am looking for your commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Outsiders by SE Hintons

Preston Crow
Character Sketch

My favorite Character in the book was Ponyboy by far. I liked him because he was a really sensitive 14-year-old boy living with his brother, Darry. His parents died in a car accident, so his brother had to drop out of school to support the family. His brother pushed him very hard to be a great student, which he was, but always yelled at him for being hard-headed. He was the only person that was part of the gang that enjoyed reading and going to movies by himself. I liked him because he shows that no matter what kind of a background you come from, you can be a good student, and be down to earth and not hood like all the other members of the gang. Pony boy, comparing himself to others in the gang, "I'm different in that way...nobody in the gang digs movies and books the way I do. For a while there, I thought I was the only person in the world that did"(7). Ponyboy was an incredible kid, because it seemed like everything was going wrong for him, but he still was able to stay a good person inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment