Instructions

Hello, Third Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings to this blog about your ORB. You must choose three different options from the "blogging options" handout (on First Class). I am looking for your commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Shannon O'Connor Character Sketch: The Color Purple

My first impression of Celie was to feel sorry for her. She was in a home where she was abused by pretty much everyone around her. She just took the abuse, she was quiet and would not fight back. She really reminds me of Precious, from the movie Precious. They were both in similar situations and neither of them fought back until the end. One thing to learn from Celie, and this book, would be to appreciate the homes we live in, and the lives we have.
"They calls me yellow like yellow be my name. But if yellow is a name. Why aint black the same. Well, if I say Hey black girl, Lord, she try to ruin my game"(96)

No comments:

Post a Comment